The Veterans Academy is designed to help veterans earn fast-track workforce certificates while providing academic and student success support services. The aim is to support completion and graduation for participating veterans.
In an effort to increase opportunities provided to veteran/military students and meet the workforce industry demands of the State of Texas, Houston Community College is proud to launch its new and innovative Veterans Academy program. The Veterans Academy will offer workforce solutions to high demand occupational needs by supplying qualified and skilled veteran personnel — capitalizing on prior military experiences, education, training, and skillsets — to the workforce. The “fast track,” streamlined program model will serve as a pipeline to long-term job placement opportunities, targeted statewide, improving veterans’ student and career success.
- EKG Technician *
- Patient Care Technician *
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate – Server 2012 (Server Administrator) *
- Commercial Truck Driving
Veterans Academy Advantages:
- Shortened program completion for certificates
- Reduced costs (tuition, books, materials), due to fast-track programs
- College credit for prior military experience, education and training
- Industry recognized credentials
- Extensive academic support and and guidance
- Mentoring in Healthcare programs
- Increased job placement opportunities through State of Texas high demand industries
- Scholarships available for qualified veterans
HCC Veterans Academy Admissions Process
All Veteran students choosing to attend Houston Community College must complete the admissions application prior to enrollment. Please follow the steps to complete the admissions and enrollment processes:
- Complete & submit the HCC admissions application by visiting hccs.edu/apply.
- Complete the Veterans Academy Intake Form.
- Complete the the online Veteran Affairs Certification Request Form (VACR)and the HCC VA Checklist of Instructions for the benefits that you will be receiving.
- Obtain official transcripts from any other university, college or military institution you’ve attended – visit doded.mil to access military transcripts. All transcripts should be submitted to: Houston Community College Office of Admissions and Records, P.O. Box 667517, Houston, TX 77266
- Visit with a HCC Veteran Academy Case Manager at 6815 Rustic Street, Learning Hub Building, Room 201, Houston, TX 77087, to select one of the VA Approved Certificate Plans, submit all required and completed documents, or you can email them to [email protected].
Forms & Checklists of Instructions
Statement of Intent & Change of Residency Petition
For all new and returning students, the Veterans Affairs Certification Request Form must be completed every semester to be certified for all programs.
*This form must be submitted every term that you enroll. This form must also be submitted when there is a change in your enrollment (add, drop, swap, class cancellation, and withdrawal).
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act FERPA
Veteran Affairs Information Data Sheet
For further assistance, visit the HCC Veterans Academy Center located at 6815 Rustic Street, Learning Hub Building, Room 201 Houston, TX 77087; or call 713-718-6665 to set an appointment with a case manager; or submit all required and completed documents, to [email protected].